Comparing travel insurance– Do you need travel insurance? Travel Insurance Policy. Go Compare Travel Insurance. Once you’ve booked your holiday, the last thing you want to think about is what can go wrong. Unfortunately, no matter what type of holiday you’re going on, accidents can happen.
Getting travel insurance before you go away can help cover medical costs if you get injured or ill abroad, so you don’t have to worry about footing the bill. It can also cover delayed flights and lost or stolen items.
How to get cheap travel insurance
Getting a good deal on your travel insurance doesn’t have to be confusing. Purchasing can save you time and money, especially when you can compare many suppliers at the same time.
At Confused.com, we compare travel insurance providers to help you find the right policy for your needs. We can compare policies in minutes and you could receive your documents by email within an hour.
To help you even more, when you get a quote, we post the notes of the independent financial researcher Defaqto, next to each supplier. So you could make a more informed decision quickly. Go Compare Travel Insurance.
How Brexit could affect your travel insurance
To visit Europe after Brexit there may be things you’ll need to do before you travel, including:
- Checking your passport is valid for at least 6 months
- Ensuring your travel insurance covers your healthcare
- Checking you have the right driving documents
- Organizing pet travel if required
Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) may become unusable following the UK leaving the European Union so it’s important to have European travel insurance too.
The government has published a range of guidance and notes for Brexit available online from www.gov.uk/brexit. Also, the Financial Conduct Authority has published guidance on financial services, including detail for travelers.
Comparing travel insurance not only saves you time and money but takes away the stress of anything going wrong while you’re on holiday. Submit your personal details and get a quote in minutes. Here’s a list of what you could be covered against, and what could stop companies from paying out.
Most policies should cover you for: Travel Insurance Policy
- Emergency medical expense: If you fall ill on holiday and need to seek medical assistance, travel insurance could cover the cost of treatments as well as transportation back to the UK if needed.
- Baggage and personal possessions: A policy could cover accidental loss, damage or theft of your luggage, other personal possessions and money.
- Cancellations: If your flight is canceled or you have to cut your trip short due to family bereavement or illness, a policy could cover any costs. It’s worth looking for a policy that comes with enough cancellation cover to at least repay what you paid for the holiday.
Most policies offer a 24-hour helpline that provides worldwide support and advice to help you deal with your emergency.
Broadly speaking, most policies won’t cover you for:
- Failure to declare pre-existing medical conditions: Insurers may refuse claims if you fail to declare any pre-existing medical conditions for you or any of your traveling party.
- Alcohol or drug-related incidents: Most policies are unlikely to cover incidents where you’ve consumed alcohol or drugs.
- Activities and winter sports: If you plan on taking part in sports or activities, check your policy wording to see whether they are covered. Winter sports cover is usually available as a policy add-on, so look out for it if you’re planning on hitting the snow.
How Medical Travel Compared works
We have a panel of over 40 specialized providers (one of the largest) who understand and can cover a wide range of pre-existing medical conditions. We work hard to ensure we have reputable suppliers and a good range of products to choose from.
Having so many providers makes your life easier. You don’t have to go to every site and enter your information over and over again – especially when it comes to sharing your medical history details (who wants to do it)! We, therefore, save you time and effort.
Not to mention the money! Having such a large panel of specialist providers means that we will always help you find the best possible offer for your needs.
We do not make “sales” or “discounts” because we do not control prices – we believe in providing you with the best rates available the first time, so you can make the right decision.
However, choosing the right policy should not be limited to price. It is important to make sure that you get the right policy and coverage for you. Insurance can be confusing, especially when it comes to pre-existing medical conditions, and we want to help make it easier. We have a crack team of agents on hand 24/7 to answer any questions customers may have – as well as a helpful website filled with resources to help you. Go Compare Travel Insurance.
Travel Insurance You Can Trust
You should purchase travel insurance if you are worried about losing money or needing help while on vacation. Travelers most often buy trip insurance when they’ve made nonrefundable trip purchases but are concerned something may come up to cause them to cancel their trip. Another common rationale for trip insurance is Medical and Dental Coverage. But there are a host of other reasons you should get travel insurance, which can be specific to you or your trip plans. Having your travel insured by an industry leader like Generali means having greater peace of mind.