Zhangjiajie The most famous national forest park located in Zhangjiajie City in Hun-a Province in the People’s Republic of China. It is one of a couple of national stops inside the Wulingyuan Scenic Area. After another train involvement in China, we finally met up in Zhangjiajie, a town arranged in northwestern Hunan Province, home to Wulingyuan Natural Park (Zhangjiajie National Park). While teaching people concerning our tours to Zhangjiajie National Forest, we comprehended many question marks appearing, yet words like “Avatar Mountain” and “Floating Mountains of Pandora” helped them see better what our objective was about. That’s why Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Tours is making your day. Read more about china travel…
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Facts:
- Type: World Heritage Site, National Forest Park
- Best Seasons: Spring / Autumn
- Popular Activities: mountain hiking, photography
- Recommended Visiting Time: about 2 days
- Open Hours: Apr-Oct: 08:00~18:00 / Nov – Mar: 08:30 – 17:30
- Tickets: 245 Yuan/person (including sightseeing bus fee), valid for 3 days
- Address: Jinbian Road, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province
Top Reasons to Go
- Get very close to the “Avatar” Mountains.
- Appreciate the awesome view in China’s first national forest park.
- Have a stroll on the world’s longest and most astounding glass-bottomed-scaffold, suspended between two mountains.
- Take the world’s longest link vehicle up to the peak.
How to get to the National Park from Zhangjiajie City:
Most people venturing out to the zone initially touch base in Zhangjiajie City. The two principal entrance to the National Park is the Zhangjiajie National Park entrance and the Wulingyuan entrance.
The Zhangjiajie National Park entrance
As we were remaining in Zhangjiajie, we utilized the Zhangjiajie National Park access to enter the recreation center every day. To get here, take a bus from the primary bus station in Zhangjiajie City to the National Park. It costs 12 CNY and takes around 1 hour to arrive at the recreation center. From this passageway, you can likewise reach Wulingyuan for 10 CNY.
The Wulingyuan park entrance
Wulingyuan is 1.5 hours from Zhangjiajie City and costs 20 CNY by the bus. Numerous individuals want to remain in the town of Wulingyuan after they touch base in Zhangjiajie City because of its nearness to one part of the bargain Park.
How to get to There:
Zhangjiajie is a smidgen of a separated area so going via train is likely the most advantageous alternative. We headed out from Guilin to Zhangjiajie via train and composed a guide about it. The voyage took roughly 11 hours. We composed a guide about how to get from Zhangjiajie to Chengdu (where you see dazzling pandas in China). Via train, the voyage is around 12 hours.
If you are not an aficionado of train travel flying is your next alternative. We talk about how to travel to/from Zhangjie here.
Top Attractions of Zhangjiajie Forest Park Tours
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park tours, the most lovely place on earth, has been portrayed in an unexpected way, for example, amazing, eccentric, tranquil, delicate and wild. It is known for its odd-molded pinnacles and rocks, stunning timberlands, quiet water, lovely canyon, limestone caverns, and amazing perspectives. It, for the most part, incorporates Yellow Stone Village (Huangshi Village), Golden Whip Stream, Yuanjiajie, Yaozi Village and Pipa Stream, etc.
This will be somewhat unique for each guest. Yet, I’ll run down my experience all through Zhangjiajie National Forest Park tours so you are prepared for a couple of the difficulties of the visit.
- Huangshi Village （黄石寨）
- Golden Whip Stream （金鞭溪）
- Yuanjiajie （袁家界）
- Tianzi Mountain（天子山）
Huangshi Village （黄石寨）
Location: northeast part of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, connected with Golden Whip Stream
Recommended Visiting Time: 2-2.5 hours
Hiking Time: about 1-2 hours to get up and 1 hour to get down Huangshi Village
Fitness Needed: Moderate (It is proposed to take a cable to get here and there to spare vitality and time. Just 10 minutes is required on the cableway.)
An expression goes “He who does not reach Huangshi Village does not pay a genuine visit to Zhangjiajie”. With a rise of 1080 meters, Huangshi Village (Yellow Stone Village) exhibits the biggest accumulation of glorious displays and furthermore gives the biggest touring platform in Zhangjiajie. From here, voyagers can ignore the Precious Box for Hiding Sealed Book, the Magic Needle, South-Heaven Pillar, South-Heaven Gate, The Platform of Snatching Stars, Six Wonder Pavilion, the Ruin Piers, and so on.
Golden Whip Stream （金鞭溪）
Location: 500m away from the entrance of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
Recommended Visiting Time: about 2-3 hours
Fitness Needed: loosening up pace, simple to walk
With a length of 7.5 kilometers, Golden Whip Stream (Jinbian Stream) is acclaimed for its peaceful water, its verdant mountains, its precarious precipices, and its tranquil valley. It looks “the most wonderful valley in China”. Subsequently, Golden Whip Stream is appropriate for 2-3 hours’ climbing. When strolling along the pathway, you’ll acknowledge blooms, trees and grasses, many green slopes and vivid verdure, hear tune of the flying creatures, and obviously, pass numerous magnificent landscape: Mother and Child Peak, Bajie Carrying His Wife on the Back, Golden Whip Crag, Magical Hawk Protecting the Whip, Journey toward the West, Drunk Arhat, and so forth
Best Times to Visit:
- The periods from April to June and September to October are regularly viewed as the best occasions to visit, for comfortable temperatures.
- Nonetheless, each season in Zhangjiajie offers guests a lot of motivation to visit. Spring and summer are great occasions for the vivacious woods and oceans of mists.
- Fall offers fresh breezes, bright sun, agreeable temperatures, and popular pre-winter tints. Winter is cold, however that likewise implies uncommon blanketed mountain view and better inn rates.
Where to Stay:
Most of the lodgings in Zhangjiajie are gathered in two areas: downtown Zhangjiajie and Wulingyuan (a small town near the national park). Lodgings in Zhangjiajie are generally a lower quality than inns of a similar star rating in other Chinese urban areas such as Beijing, Shanghai, and Guilin. Aside from 5-star lodgings, inns, for the most part, don’t give a Western breakfast and English is limited, Yu Hotel Zhangjiajie Catalpa Eco Resort offers express registration and registration, non-smoking rooms, a café, free WiFi and free
We recommend our visitors remain at Wulingyuan more often than not, on the grounds that it is advantageous for touring in the Zhangjiajie forest park, and the absolute best inns in the district are there.
Top 10 Luxury Hotels Near Zhangjiajie
- Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel.
- Glass Cube Guesthouse
- Yu Hotel Zhangjiajie Catalpa Eco Resort
- Banpoli Hostel
- Mount View Cottage
- Easy Stay Bajie Hotel (Luoguta Branch)
- Wulingyuantuniu Youth Hostel
- Easy Stay Deluxe (Yangjiajie branch)
- Easy House Gaoyun Branch
What to Eat:
Food in Zhangjiajie is fiery and strong-flavored Hunan cooking. Food choices inside the National Park are limited. You can locate a couple of “Western” cafés — a McDonald’s and a KFC — and nearby locals selling products of the fruits and corn, on the mountains.
Food in Wulingyuan is superior to in the part center, yet at the same time-limited. There are no vegan and Western cafés in the town. How to Get to Zhangjiajie via Air/Train
Best Restaurants Near Zhangjiajie :
Here are some best local restaurants Zhangjiajie for your reference:
- Mr. Tang Tujia Restaurant (唐师傅土家食府)
- Wulong Shanzhai (乌龙山寨)
- Xiangzhong Family Restaurant (湘众人家)
- Mr. Hu Restaurant (胡师傅三下锅)
- Qianlianghu Restaurant
- Tang Shi Fu Tu Jia Shi Fu
- He Tian Yuan Restaurant
- Muslim Restaurant
- Lobby Lounge
- Qian Liang Hu Shi Fu
Things to do in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park:
Here I recommend the best things to do while tours to the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park for your reference:
- Walk the Golden Whip Stream
- 10 Mile Gallery
- Check out Huangshi Village
- Admire the Avatar views at Yuanjiajie
- Hike around Yangjiajie Scenic area
What to Pack
- Make sure to carry boots or shoes with great soles for you may need to take some climbing along the ways and trails in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park and another beautiful region.
- Pack and set up some fundamental medicine.
- Take an umbrella or downpour coat for the climate changes a ton during one day.4. Fundamental Entrance to Wulingyuan Scenic Area